“The mysteries of the Force are endless. A Jedi Consular, deeply attuned to the Force and devoted to uncovering its esoteric secrets, knows this better than any in the galaxy. These masters of the Force are famed for their wisdom and empathy as much as they are for their powerful healing and defensive skills. In troubled times, a Consular brings together the wisdom of the past with cutting insight and the power of the Force to change the flow of galactic events.”
A master of the secrets of the Force, the Jedi Consular is both figter and healer, teachar and student, Ambassador and Diplomat. The Force can be used to cloud the mind of the weak, restors strength to the fallen and hurl both opponents and objects trough the air.
Visionary, Ambassador, Diplomat, Seeker of wisdom.
For more than 20,000 years, the Jedi Order has worked to promote peace and balance in the Galactic Republic, but each new day brings with it a new threat, promising to rip the Jedi and the entire galaxy apart. If the Republic is to survive, it needs leaders and visionaries; it needs the Jedi Consular.
Jedi Consulars channel the power of the Force for strength in combat and wisdom in diplomacy. Years of arduous training and meditation have sharpened Consulars’ minds to cut to the truth as cleanly as their Lightsabers cut through their foes. Whether unlocking long forgotten mysteries of the Jedi, raising armies to fight for the Republic or engaging in mortal combat with Dark Lords of the Sith, the Consulars’ deep attunement to the Force gives them all the power they need to rise to the occasion with poise and balance.
Intimate attunement with the deepest Force mysteries gives Jedi Consulars the insight and empathy to deftly handle charged conflicts that confound even the most cunning Senators and governors—but Consulars know when it’s time to talk and when it’s time to fight. When negotiations turn aggressive, Consulars demonstrate their gifts of foresight—anticipating and deflecting enemy attacks with fluid strikes from their dual-bladed Lightsaber.
Facing the Darkness Within
Jedi Consulars always seek to grow their knowledge of the galaxy, in understanding of themselves, and in comprehension of the Force that binds it all together. The commitment to this pursuit gives Consulars an unrivaled capacity for clarity in situations otherwise shrouded in darkness. However, this same dedication can also prove to be extremely perilous—inviting Consulars to explore paths that are better left untraveled. Some of the Jedi Order’s greatest minds have been seduced to the dark side through purely academic inquiries. The Consular knows the pain of this temptation as a battle-hardened warrior knows the throbbing of an old wound.
Before they can dispel the darkness in the galaxy, Jedi Consulars know they must first come to terms with the darkness within. There’s no avoiding the temptation to take shortcuts or even to use their knowledge for personal power; Consulars must constantly check their own motives. When tempted to step onto the path leading to darkness, Consulars must remember the tormented fate of the Jedi who have passed that way before. This is the only way they can unite the Jedi Order and the Republic and rally the troops to rescue the galaxy from the menacing darkness.
Serving a vast variety of roles in the Order and within the galaxy at large, the career paths available to the Consular were many.
- Jedi Ambassador: Serving as liaison between newly discovered worlds and the Republic Senate, Jedi Ambassadors are often times requested by the governments of foreign powers to mediate talks of membership with the galactic regime. Unlike the Jedi Diplomats, the Ambassador serves solely as the face of the Republic, and does not make policy or major decisions for either party.
- Jedi Artisan: A very rare specialization, the artisans focused their Force studies into the art of creation, crafting beautiful works ranging from lightsaber hilts to other precious artifacts that were imbued with the Force.
- Jedi Diplomat: While Ambassadors of the Order merely mediated talks with the Republic and foreign states, Diplomats had the intricate tasks of writing treaties and resolving political disputes. Extensive knowledge of intergalactic politics combined with Force-imbued insight allowed Diplomats to handle delicate negotiations.
- Jedi Healer: Led by the Circle of Jedi Healers, the Healers drew upon the Living Force to preserve life and cleanse impurities and wounds. Working closely with the Medical Corps, the Healers oftentimes worked on the battle fields of war-torn worlds, aiding in the medical treatment of soldiers.
- Jedi Lore Keeper: Made up of three similar groups, the Jedi archivist, Jedi historian, and Jedi librarian, the Lore Keepers of the Order were governed by the Librarian’s Assembly of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Maintaining the Jedi Archives, these three groups specialized in different fields, but all worked closely in maintaining their vast collection. The Chief Librarian was the title of the Jedi Master who presided over Temple Archives.
- Jedi Researcher: Made up of many specialists serving the Order by updating the Jedi Archives, Researchers filled the roles of Jedi archaeologists, mathematicians, biologists, geologists, astronomers, and hyperspatial physicists.
- Jedi Seer: Highly attuned to the Unifying Force, the Seers of the Jedi Order were gifted with pre- and post- cognition, seeing glimpse granted by the Force of things to come, and things which have already transpired. Jedi Prophets were a rarity amongst the Seers, and were able to divine such things as the Prophecy of the Chosen One.
During the Great Galactic War
- Jedi Sage: Jedi Sages were highly attuned in the Force, manipulating it to the extent they could rip apart foes and distort reality. The Jedi Sages were skilled in the use of Force Shield and Force Wave, and were exceptional healers, diplomats, ambassadors, seers and telekinetic and Force combatants.